Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sorry...

So I have been quite productive in the last few weeks. I just have been a bad blogger. I need to get in the habit of it so I don't go so long. It's the bad practice of trying to fit it in before things I have to do then I cannot justify procrastinating for crafting and blogging. Then I was on break and just have no excuse. So this will be a long post with lots of pics and I will try to be more reliable about posting. I finished some more crayon rolls but didn't take good pics.

I was given short notice on a birthday dinner. Since we hang out with the boys I knew it was up to me to find something thoughtful. I was pretty proud of these little zipper pouches (out of Amy's Bend the Rules) I threw 2 together in just over an hour. The birthday girl liked them. Conveniently green is her favorite color and comprizes a huge part of my newly growing stash.

I was also satisfied with my last minute birthday bag. It is cute and if Victoria Secret bags weren't so recognizable it would hardly look recycled. But I am trying to live more green....

This was a big afghan that I am quite proud of because I finished it in just over a week! It is almost queen sized and I started it on a Thursday evening. It is a brownish blue color, which I know is weird, but It was a wedding gift and their bedroom is blues and their living room is browns so it could be at home in either room. I love making homemade gifts to celebrate my friends and their special events. I used 10 skeins and a pretty large hook. I think sometimes I will give myself carpal tunnel with my hurried efforts. It turned out really nice though.

I think the thing I am most proud of sewing so far is these log cabin pillow tops. (tutorial) I made 2 and gave one to Kelly and one to Kimmi. Unfortunately my green bathroom doesn't need pillows. I loved how cool they turned out and was quite proud of myself. I even patched the bias tape for the back. They are awesome! I think I am going to make black and white for my bedroom (Kristy wants one too) but I am trying to add an accent color to our bedroom (maybe yellow?)

I made this bag specifically for Kimmi. It is the same pattern I used before but now I am smart enough to add pockets (I hate fishing for my cell phone in mine) The denim was left from my purse and I had just enough!! :) The interior is from a skirt from Target!!! I own the skirt, bought it for $5 at Easter, and wished I had got another to use for fabric. Well luckily in Vegas, Goodwill gets all of Targets cast offs, So I got this one for $1.99!! :) It took me way longer than I thought to rip it out, but the fabric was perfect and turned out beautiful. I might have to find another and make one for me :)

While in CO I made belts for everyone using some scraps I had brought. Kristy of course had to have black. I made Kelly and Kimmi green, and I have 2 more green ones ready to finish but I ran out of ribbon.

I used this tutorial and was happy with the results. The thicker fabrics were really annoying with the foot on my mom's machine. I will have to mix up colors. I also saw some similar ones with fun buckles, so we might have to look for some of those for Christmas.

Kelly and my mom are hosting a shower for a family friend's fiance. Since Kelly leaves for Russia for 6 weeks on Thursday (I am jealous and excited for her!!) She had to get the invites made this week. They turned out really cute. Mom has been instructed to print the info on clear labels.She is going to decorate with coffee and oranges. And serve coffee and deserts, maybe those should all be orange :)? I helped her and loved how the white stamp turned out on the brown paper. I love orange and brown!

We head back to Vegas tomorrow. It has been wonderful to have time with my fam but I love living with my best friend. I have lots of grading etc. that I put off before CO. At least no school until next Monday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan AKA Wammy said...

Girl, you have beeb busy. Where have I been? Glad you had a great trip to CO.

Camille said...

Wow, you have been busy! Thanks for your email and for introducing yourself, it is always nice to know who is reading! It would be fun to get together sometime.

I LOVE the target clearance at Goodwill. Especially on half off Saturdays. I don't get out there as often as I would like, but every time I do, I find something awesome.

Love all the projects you've got going. Keep it up!

Katie said...

Wow miss crafty, I'm impressed! I loved the pillow top and the green belt was way cute! I think I may have to try my hand at that one sometime. You fabrics are so great, where do you find them all? I have no idea how you work full time and get all of these projects done. You go girl! My next challenge is a dress for Olivia and I. My first clothing attempt. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. Hope you're doing great, I'm sad I missed you while you were here.

Happy Fourth!!