Monday, April 14, 2008

double post day! :)


Ok, so I love that I was productive enough to make this a double post day, but I think the pictures I took without natural light look disgusting. So this is the last p.m. post, from now on I'll need to take pictures during the day to post.... That's annoying I am not a patient person and I am more likely to blog if I am posting recent successes. Anyways.... I finished Holly's (my sister in law) pink and black purse. I like it. I assume the pink will be the inside usually... but It is reservable. I made my sisters and I similar purses from this pattern. I like my purse but my cell phone and keys get lost in it's depths, so I added a pocket to hers. I have UofL/black cut for Lindsey (my other sister in law) and myself but I couldn't find any red or black thread in my stash, so sewing will have to wait until tomorrow.
Then I moved on to the next plan.... I made a lunch bag for myself in the first week of March as one of my initial sewing projects. It's cute and I like it, but I saw this (I made the large size) and thought it was really cute and similar. I also wanted to brave the eyelets. I don't think I am a fan of them yet. But Chelsea (my best friend from work and a Kindergarten phenom) needed a lunch bag too. Orange and lime seemed very her. I am happy with how it turned out. I liked the way these instruction had you attach the lining to the exterior. I had to mod it slightly because my lgsm doesn't have a zigzag stitch like recommended, but I think it worked just fine. I used ribbon for the handles now, but I might switch it out for cording. We'll see. It's getting late and I need to clean up all my fabric and fold laundry.

1 comment:

Britton said...

i love you new site! i love you!