Thursday, December 25, 2008

Catching up...

I have been teaching a lot lately. Which is great! but wears me out! I have also been having a life and Christmas crafting in my spare time (still working on some- sorry sisters :) It will take a few posts to catch you up! I did win a subscription to Better Homes and Gardens (or BHG). I am thrilled!!! Thank you so much to Bonnie from Quiltville! She is so friendly and generous. I love reading her blog and can't believe I won. I love BHG and haven't had a subscription for a few years.
I had 4 pre-christmas birthdays. People need to pop kids out in Nov. or Jan. so Dec. is not so crowded with presents :).
I made coffee sleeves for my coffee drinkers... Brianna, Alex, and Melanie. Alex had his monogram which I handstiched and turned out pretty cool. (I had to make it tough and not girly.) Melanie's had a button closure which was also a first. I was happy with how they turned out. I forgot to topstitch around the outside on this batch. Nobody cares but me, but I think it does help it to look more finished- so I'd better remember next time! :)
Kameron prefers wine to coffee :) so she got cloth napkins to match her adorable robins egg blue kitchen accessories. I had gotten the plain white napkins on clearance at Target. I love Target! I had been plotting this for awhile. I had seen MODA stuff with a really cute trim, I thought I could replicate it. (These are the inspiration) I made bias tape and stitched it closed and then created the trim. I turned out really cute! I am excited to make more and on the lookout for cheap cloth napkins... (or I could make some if I wasn't perfectionist/lazy.... :) I'll work my way up to that.
We had a wonderful time celebrating with our friends!
I also made a housewarming gift for the hostess (Alex's mom) It is a pillar candle with ribbon and their monogram. It turned out really cute and was super easy. I need to keep the supplies on hand for easy hostess gifts.

No comments: