Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!


Although Louisville was disappointing in Football, we have high hopes for basketball. Britton's mom got us tickets a few weeks ago. We had a blast. I love college sports.
Here is our "family" Christmas eve photo. Don't we look festive!? :) Hope you all had a blessed holiday. It was hard being away from Colorado for the first time, but my family made a huge effort and was super generous making me feel loved and special. Britton was super thoughtful too!

One of my favorite Karpenske traditions is fireworks on Christmas Eve! I think I am the only Karpenske who really cares about this tradition anymore, but it is unique and one of my favorites. When we were in TN last weekend Britton was thinking ahead and being wonderful and got fountains and sparklers for us to continue one of my favorite traditions. :) We had fun!
We also read "The Best Christmas Pagent Ever" which is amazing and wonderful.
I hope you all enjoyed time with family and friends and had a wonderful holiday! Merry Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

bingo~bonnie said...

Hey Katie.. I jsut discovered your blog from your comment on Bonnie Hunter's site ;) I love your blog name - reminds me of the sewing machine my grandmother had - same color but called New Home...

anyway - I got excited when I saw yours and your husbands Christmas photos ;) My husband got a Louisville shirt, and jacket for Christmas.. and no one down here knows anything about his favorite team - but we both grew up in KY. :) Both of my brothers live in Louisville too...

glad to have found your blog, I'll be back.. you are very creative :)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie