Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall Leaves Swag

I saw various fall garlands and decided to create my own. I was pretty proud that I didn't buy a single thing! I used my brown, orange, maroon, gold, drk. green, and lt green felt and cut out 8 different leaf silhouettes. 30 some odd leaves. I thought the orange and lt. green were too neon and so I soaked it all in coffee. It didn't totally fix it, but I do like it better and with the colors spread out I think they look pretty good. I used contrasting fall colors of embroidery thread and added veins? and lines to all of them and then I used fabric glue to glue them to green ribbon I had.


I have 4 garlands and I used 2 of them to decorate at my inlaws. (one on the mantle and one on the seasonal side table). I am not sure what I am going to do with the others. I hope to keep 1 or 2 and maybe give one to my mom and one to my MIL... We'll see. I am trying to get up the guts to sell things on etsy but I am not sure exactly where to start.

3 comments:

Jan AKA Wammy said...

Love em. And I think they you should sell on esty...you have a ton of things. I've seen them. Let me know how it goes and maybe I will be inspired. You are a heck of a lot craftier than me.

Unknown said...

Katie! It's great to hear from you and I must admit, I haven't been the bestest friend ever, 'cause I was unaware of the fact that you moved back to Louisville! I would love to hear what you've been up to. I searched high and low for a current email address and found nothing. :( When you have a chance, let me know how you've been!
Love,
Beth
Hugs!!!

Katie said...

Wow, I've missed A LOT! The leaf garland looks great. So funny, I was actually thinking of doing this myself but I only have yellow and orange craft felt. I was wanting to use nice wool felt. Yours turned out great, love how it looks against the white mantel.